SCA & Cedar Grove
A Conversation on Compost Procurement
February 10, 2023
- How compost use can not only satisfy requirements of the new law but advance your city’s zero waste and climate goals
- Uses for cities – what can you do in your city’s purchasing shed?
- Reporting and tracking
- Local purchasing and use of locally recycled materials
- Project ideas to address equity with compost
List of Presenters:
- Ria Varghese, Environmental Services Specialist, City of San Jose
- Alli Kingfisher, Organics & Food Center Unit Supervisor, WA State Department of Ecology
- Heather Trim, Executive Director, Zero Waste Washington
- Giacomo Damonte, Parks Maintenance Superintendent, City of Pleasanton (CA), Operations Services Department, Parks Division
- ZeeLaura Page, Management Analyst, City Manager’s Office, City of Pleasanton (CA)
- Becky Hopkins, Assistant to the City Manager, City of Pleasanton
Link to supplemental resource from the Department of Ecology on the Organics Management Law.